Stonewall Post 116 Meetings are held once a quarter at Mrs. Rowe’s Family Restaurant in Staunton VA, Located at Exit 222 on Interstate 81. This is a lunch meeting, begins at 1145 and includes a short program or updates about Veteran and 116th Regiment related matters.
The schedule is posted on our Facebook page, “like” us to follow and get notices:
And on our Webpage:
The Post membership is primarily made up of Soldiers, Veterans and Family Members of the 116th Infantry Regiment, The First Brigade 29th Division and current soldiers and veterans of the 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team. We also have members who are mothers, fathers, spouses, and children of those Veterans and Soldiers.
Post Officers for 2019:
SFC (Ret) Barent Parslow – Post Commander
BG (Ret) Ted Shuey – Post Finance Officer
LTC (Ret) Jimmy Kilbourne – Post Adjutant
Annual Dues are $12.00 per member and include dues for the National 29th Division Association membership. You can renew electronically with PayPal at the link below.
We participate in several activities each year:
– Point Pleasant Battle Days at Point Pleasant WV annually on the first weekend of October to honor Augusta and Botetourt Militia who fought there in 1774.
– Annual 116th Infantry Regiment Veterans 5K race in the Staunton City Park.
– Veterans Day Parade in November in the City of Staunton.
– 116th Infantry Regiment Annual Muster in November.
– Celebration Of Holiday Lights in the Staunton City Park honoring the 116th Infantry Regiment.
– 4th of July Parade in the City of Staunton.
– The Memorial Day wreath laying at the WWII memorial at the Staunton Armory.
In addition, the Winchester VA area 116th veteran’s group meets every month on the third Monday at the Golden Coral in Winchester. Be there by 0900 to get an all-you-can-eat breakfast and visit with the group.
The “C Company” 116th veterans meet for lunch in Harrisonburg VA on the second Thursday of even numbered months: February, April, June, August, October, December. The lunch is provided by and served at the Elks Lodge, and is an all-you-can-eat buffet with drink costing only $15 per guest.
ANY Post 116 Member, former Stonewaller, or 29er is invited, welcome and encouraged to attend these two veteran and friend gatherings. They are fellowship meetings and there is not always formal program, but usually items of interest are announced.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW